At Haywood Habitat for Humanity, we build. We build because we believe that everyone should have a healthy, safe, affordable place to call home. With an affordable, stable home, families have more to spend on food, medicine, child care, education and other essentials. Families are given the opportunity to build long-term financial security.
We need your help to continue our work.
Your support will make a difference for generations.
Online - Simply follow the donate button on this page and make your gift using our secure online processor. If you would prefer to make your gift in smaller increments, we have a monthly payment option that is convenient and allows you to spread your impact over time.
Ways to support Haywood Habitat for Humanity
By Mail - Make your check payable to: Haywood Habitat for Humanity and mail it to: P.O. Box 283, Waynesville, NC 28786
Matching Gifts: Many employers will match employee gifts. Check with your company’s personnel department to see if they will help double or even triple your contribution.
In-Kind Gifts: Contributions of new construction materials, tools, and professional services help keep our construction costs low. Contact us at 828-452-7960.
House Sponsorship: As a business, faith community, civic organization, or individual, you can partner with us to sponsor a house. Contact us at 828-452-7960.
Land: We have a critical need for available and buildable land in Haywood County. You can support our mission with a gift of land. Contact us at 828-452-7960.
Planned Giving: As you plan your estate, consider making a gift to support Haywood Habitat homebuilding. Your attorney or financial planner can assist you in establishing a planned giving arrangement best suited to your goals and the legacy you wish to leave in the community. Contact us at 828-452-7960.
Haywood Habitat for Humanity is a tax-exempt 501 (c)3 non profit organization. Your gift is tax deductible as allowed by law.
Donor Bill of Rights
As a donor to Haywood Habitat for Humanity, you have the right to:
- Be informed of Haywood Habitat for Humanity's mission, of the way the organization intends to used donated resources, and of the capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on Haywood Habitat for Humanity's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to Haywood Habitat for Humanity's most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Receive appropriate acknowledgement and recognition.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individiauls representing Haywood Habitat for Humanity will be professional in nature.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of Haywood Habitat for Humanity or hired solicitors.
- Have the opportunity for your name to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- Feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.